Location: Brantford, Ontario. Posted: Jul 28, 2017 Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Location: Brantford
- Full Time, Days
- Wage: Salary - Negotiable based on experience
- Company paid benefits plan/RRSP Contributions
In your role you will:
- Communicate information effectively to individuals and groups by applying communication principles (in written, graphic, and oral forms) and by preparing both formal and informal reports.
- Represent the company at all levels of business and display appropriate responsible attitudes.
- Research, evaluate, test, and recommend welding and metal fabrication processes, equipment, and consumables.
- Program, maintain, and troubleshoot welding and related equipment and processes.
- Use welding and metal preparation skills conforming to national standards and instruct others in the correct techniques.
- Evaluate, select, program, and use positioning, automation, and robotic devices as applied to common welding processes and applications. Select, assess, and test (using analytical, destructive, and non-destructive inspection techniques) materials, structures, and weld joints to assure compliance with physical and metallurgical requirements.
- Develop and assess systematic methods for ensuring weld quality through quality assurance programs, inspection plans, and data analysis.
- Evaluate weld failures or discrepancies using root cause analysis methods for future prevention.
- Integrate the science and best practices associated with welding inspection, to assess product compliance and make recommendations.
- Submit welding procedures for upcoming jobs.
- Review and create new welding procedures as required by new jobs.
- Help to create standard practices and procedures for the shop and office staff.
- Manage Cambridge Pro Fab Inc.’s dealings with the Canadian Welding Bureau (Welder testing, Q108 Forums, Internal Audits, etc.)
- Assist Quality Assurance on in-process and final inspections as stated in Cambridge Pro Fab Inc.’s Quality Assurance Manual.
- Ensure compliance with Cambridge Pro Fab Inc.’s Quality Assurance Manual as per CSA-Z299.3.
- Train employees in achieving a desired level of quality and instill a “QUALITY IS JOB 1” attitude.
- Provide welding technical assistance to shop employees and engineering staff.
- Interact with the customer’s Quality Assurance Inspectors in a courteous, professional manner.
- Welder Training Classes.
- Have working knowledge of CSA Standard W47.1-03 “Certification of Companies for Fusion Welding of Steel” and CSA Standard W59-03 “Welding Steel Construction” and AWS standards.
- Be proactive and accountable for deadlines and job requirements.
- Assist in making lean manufacturing a success.
- Look at ways to reduce costs in all areas at Cambridge Pro Fab Inc.
- Assist in the following: SR&ED, Government funding programs, new plant design.
- Perform other tasks that he/she or the Manager feels is required to better the company.
- Assist in performing internal audits.
- Post-secondary education - Diploma in Welding Engineering Technology is required
- • Automation experience will be considered as an asset
- • 3-5 years of experience in a Welding industry would be an asset
- • Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable
- • Ability to compose clear and concise technical reports
- • Organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- • Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner
- • Proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc. Auto CAD and Solid Works are an asset)
- • Proven ability to manage multiple projects
- • Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Ability to work well with others and independently
- • Proven time management skills and strong attention to detail
- • Works well under pressure
- • Extended hours may be required from time to time
How to Apply
Send all resume: email@example.com